Sry for not updating for the past days, but I was really very busy.
Today, my bro, my cousins, their friend, my aunt and I went for a captain's ball competition. We were supposed to form a team of seven, so, my bro, my cousins, their friend and I formed a team. My aunt went there to support us. We reached there at bout 8.40am which was like very early cause the first match started bout an hour later. There were eleven teams there, and they were divided into two groups: A and B. A consisted of six teams and B consisted of the other five. the two best teams from each group would proceed to the finals. I think my team played extremely well + we had the youngest players - me and jack. We played with the other five teams in our group and, we won three matches, lost two. So, we didnt get into the finals. the two teams that we lost to, got in. I was ok when we lost the first time, cause they really played fair and well (we were playing with a team that consisted a lot of tall pple. the tallest one was bout... 1.9m I think. now i know wat it feels to play against a tall person... lol.). However, I HATED the second lost!!! (rarely see me so angry, yea?)
The other team had this fat girl that was the net (the person on the chair). and she acted like she was very pro and pretty. another thing i hated bout her: she was vulgar. (btw, i wasnt playing that match.) One of my cousins was defending. when he jumped up and deflected the ball away when the ball was reaching her (like what I always did last year, if u hav played with me, u would know), he accidently knocked her lightly. then, she scolded him very vulgarly and loudly. I heard every word clearly and was fuming with anger. but of course i didnt do anything and tried to stay calm. the referee only asked her to cool down, but scolded my cousin for being too close to the net. I was really bu shuang then. (if I was the referee, I would scold her and send her off the court) After that, my cousin was like, afraid of that fat pig, so he didnt defend properly, and let in every shot. So, we lost and didnt get into the finals.
In the end, we still left there proudly because we played beautifully (as in we had the sportmanship). Then, we went to a macdonald's nearby and took our lunch. while eating, we saw the fat pig amd her team leaving, and the other teams were still there. haha..., they didnt win, too bad, so sad. (Defeated by teams with better attitude and skills)
Moral of the story: In a captain's ball match, skills are important but sportmanship is even more important.
anyway, the competition was fun! I hope I can participate in more of this kind of activities and also that i can play with my rosyth friends like we did last year.
Jim Tan signs off.
4:50 PM