yesterday, i woke up at about 9+ and found out tha jack's friends were at our house! but jack was nice to hav let me sleep and didnt wake me up. thanks. later, we went to hav lunch together at mac's. i had to leave early cos i had to go for my NP squad outing at 2.
so, i took the MRT to marina bay. i met some squadmates there, and we sat down to wait for others. while waiting, i heard some discussions about the day at st nicks. lol. i shan't reveal anything here, so as to protect my squad/squadmates from gossips. we then took a bus to the 'bowl'. haha. when we were dividing into groups, i didnt hav a group, cos my closer friends in NP didnt turn up. this had been a good lesson for me to make more friends in NP. in the end, tengchuan invited me into his group with gerald and ping yen. thanks! after getting the shoes, we started to bowl. GERALD IS PRO!!! he got dunno how many strikes in a game. i felt lousy, but they encouraged me and also taught me some skillz in bowling. so, in the second game, i did much better! thanks! =D
while we were bowling, justin (a plump GE boy) went to the arcade behind the lanes and played this samurai game. (it was a motion sensor game where when u swing the handle-like thing, the sword in the game will move) he looked... funny. lol, he was crazily swinging the 'sword' around. he was so desperate to complete the game, that he spent bout $15 at that game. in the end, however, he didnt complete the game, and got 'interrogated' by us on why he is such a spendthrift. but, after a while, we let him off.
we then went to play soccer at a field nearby. after a few hours of ball kicking, we decided to rest. we went to buy drinks and sat down together. after some chattering, we continued. although i dun really like soccer, i liked playing with my squadmates. =D. then when it was near dinner time, many had to leave. i had to too. Adil's dad was kind to hav sent some of us to the MRT station and i thank him. many of us took the MRT home, so two rows of seats were taken up by us on the train. lol. but we all left one by one. headed home.
this squad outing was quite fun cos most of us turned up and we really showed our squad spirit. i also hav to add that it might be because our NCOs didnt attend this outing with us. cos, without them, we had more freedom and liberty as to where and what we could and would do. sry, NCOs.
I hope future squad outings would be fun too!
note: i didnt include some details becos im frustrated with my hard work being deleted. (see my last post)
Jim Tan signs off.
11:57 AM