DMPs are fun, and it’s true.

For those who aren’t too sure what DMPs are, DMP is a programme of about 2 and a half weeks, when you basically choose what lessons you want to attend. You sign up for what you want, but have to meet a certain amount of hours. There is a good variety of lessons, from nanotechnology, to metaethics, social theories, drum course, pop singing, dissecting frogs, cooking and so on.
And I’m enjoying DMPs a whole lot. I think its because of the doing away of the STRESS factor. Like, you go for lessons to learn what you are interested in, passionate about, and not just so that you can ace the exams. Haha, it seems like many others are enjoying theirs too.


Anyway, I filled my DMP timetable up, fully. I took 1 SS, 2 Maths, 1 Philo, 2 Geog, and 1 Hist module. Lol, no sciences. Cos the science modules that interested me already got filled up. -_- Maybe I’ll try getting them next year. Haha, the modules are really fun (and meaningful). Like in the history module, we got to play SPORE! Omgomgomg. Its like how new, and the school/teachers got them for us? ^^ Other games also included Civ, and RoN. And Mr Koh even promised us at least 6 hours of gaming, so that we could learn about, and experience, the social and historical theories in depth. Cool. I liked the math modules too. One was bout logical thinking, and the other, on financial management things. Haha, like you see a sign saying “Please ignore this sign”. And what do you call that? Lol. For some modules, there are also field trips. For mine, I’ve got 3 – Cemetery, Halfway house, and Biscuit factory. Lol, should be quite interesting. I found some of these skills and knowledge to be very practical and useful, so I believe they’ll last for a lifetime. =D Ok, so one week’s up, another one and a half to go.









However, beneath the many happy faces, you’ll also find glum ones. DMP is also the time for mugging of the EOYs. EOYs… =(
Jim Tan signs off.
4:33 PM