Omg. Im back from Chiangrai, but some things are still bothering me. Among others, one would be that I terribly miss everyone I’ve met on the trip. My RI friends, the Thai buddies, the teachers and staff that have taken great care of all of us, even strangers on the street. Argh, the trip was too short. Second would be me being ignorant of everything in Singapore. After being seperated from Singapore, I spent a lot of time reading newspapers and watching tv to get myself back here, mentally. Another would be that I do not know how Im going to blog about my adventure. I’ll try anyway. =p

Some information: Chiangrai is in Northern Thailand, and when we were there, the weather was cold (smthg like Genting), probably because its in the highlands, and further up the equator. The time is one hour before Singapore's. We were there from the 10th - 21st Nov, on our school's overseas immersion programme (oip).

Day 1
Ok, on the first day, we gathered at the airport at about 5 in the morning. I was 2nd to reach, and had to wait quite long… so I decided to use the time, looking at Singapore, which I wont be able for some time. Lol. After chatting, completing all the admin stuff, and having a little breakfast, we entered the departure hall. One of our two teachers-in-charge, Mr Chang also went to buy some bag that costed about $1800. LOL. then he was like, “Why did I buy this before even going on the trip?! Now I have to bring it there and back.” Haha, think before you spend.


Then we all boarded the plane! Our plane was quite good, with broad walkways, good service and interactive systems to have fun with. So, throughout the journey, I was listening to music, chatting or sleeping. We reached Bangkok airport and went for some food and shopping. It was another plane ride to Chiangrai.


When we reached, uncertainty shrouded us as we got out of the airport. Then we saw a group of smiling faces (with bodies. lol). Our Thai buddies!!! They helped us with our luggage, and went around looking for their buddies. I met my buddy Yongsak (or Kong as I learnt later), and we sat beside each other on the coach to Mae Fah Luang university. After introduction and stuff, I couldn’t resist looking outside the moving coach. The scenes were so different from Singapore that I was drawn to finding out more. i think I caught lotsa details. O.O


Unpacked our stuff in the room, which was fine. and… argh. I cant remember.
–checks itenary-
Oh yea, we had some ice breakers and went for dinner. Dinner was some nice Singapore stlye food. Suited everyone’s tastebuds. Later there was some mass convo, and some pple went camwhoring . Then we all went to wash up and slept for the night. At a place that none of us were familiar with. (even the Thais, it was their first time there)


At the Bangkok Airport






On the plane









Me and Yongsak's room!


Where we have our meals. Yes, there is a nice lake beside it.









Gathering at night













Day 2
Woke up with a weird feeling. Cos I reached for the snooze button on my alarm clock and didn’t feel anything. My eyes opened and yep, I was in the hostel room. Woke my buddy up, and washed up. Our room was one of the few/only that had faulty heaters, so I had to shower in freezing cold water. X( After that, we had breakfast. [Ok, this is too slow moving.] We went for an opening ceremony at the university which was the formal welcome. Had a tour around the university, which was really nice. Much better then universities in Singapore I reckon. Big campus, lush green fields, many huge lakes, spacious interiors… ok, you get it.

Then we went to some provincial administrator place to visit some mayor like person and some officials. Followed by lunch at this resort-like place (the most luxurious meal of the trip). After lunch was touring at many famous tourist attractions like Wat Rong Kun, which is the white temple, and the King Meng Rai Statue. After dinner back at the university, there was some welcoming party by the university pple. Lol, I missed half of it cos I went back to the room to get some stuff. Oh well.



Morning chat after breakfast




At the formal opening ceremony
The huge garden in the university




The lake in front of the university
A Chinese memorial hall place we visited







The White temple place (this is only one of the white buildings)

There seems to be some gold ones too








A drink they gave us, with lotsa funny pple on the sides.
















I shall stop here, and maybe continue next time. Arg too tired.



Jim Tan signs off.
11:25 PM